Thursday, October 15, 2015

Mango Seed

Have you guys missed me? Sorry for the delay in blogging. BUT I am back in full force to tell you about a few restaurants I had the honor of trying these past few weeks..
 
 
 Mango Seed
 
Mango Seed opened up about five - six  years in Lefferts Gardens and has become the local gem of the area.  Located discreetly on  Flatbush Avenue between Lennox & Clarkson Avenues. 
(If you didn't know the exact address you would walk right past it.)
 
 They are known for their addictive meals and a welcoming staff.  
Yelp Subscribers give the Caribbean restaurant anywhere between three and four stars. Looking over their reviews I found guest who were disappointed with their "limited menu"  options and unhappy with the space and décor.
 
SOOOOO, with that being said lets discuss my  Sunday Brunch experience..................
 
As, soon as you walk thru the door you are greeted by the hostess and bartenders. I feel the space has limited spacing yet it is inviting and cozy.
They have a secret hide away in the back of the restaurant that is open all year round, which would make perfect for late night summer dinners underneath the stars.
 
Once seated, we were given our menus...
The Brunch Menu isn't too long but there is a variety of items to choose from. 
 I decided to try out two things: 

Grits and Oxtails
... Lawwwd, now if you love oxtails and if you LOVE grits, this is the dish for you.  Their grits are amazingly rich and creamy and they were topped with well seasoned oxtails that have been braised and stewed down to the right consistency. Garnished with slice scallions.

Chicken and Waffles
Unfortunately, I thought their waffles were just average waffles. Although the chicken was fried and seasoned. The dish as a whole was not something I would particularly go back for.

 
Below you can find pictures of  restaurant and food that tried. Overall, its nice place and I would definitely go back again. You can always find the owners (two brothers) greeting guest on the floor or in the kitchen cooking food.
I here a lot of great reviews about their happy hour and dinner menu. 
If you have ever dined at Mango Seed or have any questions please feel free to comment and lets me know what you think. 
 
Side Note:
One of the owners Paul Burrowes is actually getting ready to open up a Brick Oven Pizza spot called ZuriLee Pizza Bar.
 
I actually just did some research and it is Opening on October 28th, 2015 at 5 P.M.
Address: 755 Flatbush Ave , Brooklyn, NY 11226
 
Shout out to Chef Paul Burrowes on his new project. I am looking forward to trying out this pizza and letting the world know how it is.



 
 
This is a picture is taken from the back of the restaurant looking at the entrance.


This is the indoor patio area. This is where I ate my brunch...



This is the rest of the outdoor patio area, which is open during the warmer weather.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

1 comment:

  1. I love that place I'm there all the time one the best place to eat in the Flatbush area

    ReplyDelete