Thursday, January 1, 2015

Welcome

 
 
Happy New Year!!!
Let me first start off by saying I hope everyone who reads this has a joyous and prosperous 2015.
This is the year of advancement.  Let's not become complacent with our lives and situations.  Failure is no longer an option. We must WIN!!
I received a great New Year's Day text that I kept forwarding to all my friends and family but I want to share it with you guys here.
 
"Everything about the New Year is uncertain, but one thing is for sure that God has already planned our tomorrows, we just have to trust Him today (and everyday).  I wish a beautiful tomorrow for all of  you and your families.  May this 2015 be rich with blessings and love, joy, warmth and laughter.
 
 With that being said:
 
WELCOME TO
 
A FOODIE'S WORLD - CLOUD 9 EATS
 
My name is Charline.  I am currently a kitchen manager for a big charter school in Harlem. With the help of my staff I feed about 1200 kids daily, offering them  breakfast, lunch and an afterschool snack.
You may ask what in the world does a kitchen manager for a charter school know anything about food or even pleasing one's palate.  WELL I have news for you. Over the years working with kids and feeding kids from the ages of 4  to 18 years old is a very difficult task. 
These kids have taught me the importance of developing one's palate at an early age and they even helped me grow my love for food even more.
 After cooking about 12,000 meals a week (again, with the help of my wonderful staff) I have also found a love for dining out.  The moment I can have someone else cook for me I am the first at the table. The things we took for granted as a child.
Which brings me to why I started and created this blog.
 
Friends and family that I always dine with say I'm the first to put my opinion about food out there.
So I figured why not share my food experiences with the world.  
I hope you enjoy this ride as much as I enjoy dining out.
 
Again, thank you for reading and check me out later for my my first review on the up and coming Milk River located in Downtown, Brooklyn.  I went to try out the Chicks Love Brunch series.  This particular Sunday, guest Chef JR Robinson of Kitchencray was the chef behind the menu.  You may know him from his appearance on Hell's Kitchen Season 13.
But I have told you enough already....
 
Stay tuned!!!
 
Don't forget to tell a friend to tell a friend.....
 

1 comment: